Monday, May 5, 2014

In Search for Ella's "One Book"


The search for Ella's "one book" has become a family concern.  Even the Lolas check on whether we have finally found it.  They are in on it because they have been the ones who patiently read books with Ella in order for her to earn her 1-hour gadget time privilege.  But the one who is most concerned is Manong Gabe.  I'm 'kilig' (thrilled) every time I see them having genuine concern for each other.  I think that tops my "things that make me happy" list.

So they went to the bookstore without me.  I was happily surprised when I found out that they found the book "Frozen" for Ella.  I was even happier when I found out that Gabe was the one who searched and found it for her.  How sweet is that?  And how much sweeter would it be if this were to be Ella's "one book"?  The one that Manong Gabe found for her.  Sigh!

We're on day 3 and well, I think there's a big chance that this is the one!  At first, I had to stay with her as she read.  I knew she was interested because she didn't ask me to have a turn in reading a page aloud.  Normally we take turns.  After 2 pages, I asked her to try to read quietly (in her mind).  She protested as she probably felt like I was abandoning her but I explained that it would make it less tiring for her not having to read aloud.  Before I knew it she was on Chapter 4!

The next day, I found her on the throne reading the book!  Yesterday she told me that she was on Chapter 7! 

So, finally, hopefully, I think we've found it!  Thank you God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment