Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Mother is God's Masterpiece

TODAY I pay tribute to Mothers everywhere.  Indeed they are one of God's best masterpieces.  My favorite literary piece about moms is Erma Bombeck's "When God Created Mothers".  It is a very moving conversation between God and an angel while God was working "overtime" in creating the mother. 

God tells his angel that the specs are unlike any other.  She can "run on black coffee and leftovers", has "a kiss that can cure anything from a broken leg to a disappointed love affair.  She "has six pairs of hands", has "three pairs of eyes - one that sees through closed doors", "another in the back of her head ", and of course the ones in front that can look at a child when he goofs up and say 'I understand and I love you' without so much as uttering a word."  She has to be "soft and yet tough", can "heal herself when she is sick", and "can reason and compromise". God said, " You can imagine what this mother can do or endure".

When the angel tells God to get some rest, God says, "I can't. I'm so close to creating something so close to myself."

Reading those words brings warmth to my heart because indeed, a Mother is God's masterpiece, and yes, I have seen all these qualities truly evident in mothers all around me.    So today I thank God for creating Mothers, especially my own.

It is with this same gratitude that Janice Villanueva, a truly amazing woman and mom (who I seriously suspect has super powers), has founded one of the most established community of moms in the country.  She brings us together through her well-attended events, her revolutionary products created especially for moms, and her other businesses that grew out of sheer passion for motherhood and the desire to help other mothers be super moms like herself.


Janice at the Expo Mom event in Bacolod
Janice with Glenn Garces, EDUCHILD Speaker and Kitkat Lobaton,
GATO VERDE Founder and Managing Director
My Brother in Law Marc Lopez and his son, Anton giving a
talk entitled "My 6-year old invests in the Stock Market"  
"You the Mom" Francine Uy with Janice
Kat, Yols, Dr. Ting and Janice
My Ella and I with Janice
My first encounter with Janice was 9 years ago when I had just delivered my now 9-year-old daughter, Ella.  Breastfeeding in public was not as common that time and so it was very difficult to find locally made nursing wear.  I found out about "Mommy Matters" from my mommy friends and I became a big fan because wearing those fashionable nursing blouses enabled me to breastfeed my baby just about anywhere, in style.  Although I had always wanted to personally thank her and commend her for her ingenious products, I never got the chance to meet her until today, 9 years later, at one of her events that has sprouted in other parts of the country, including Bacolod.

Talking to her was like talking to an old friend even if we had just met.  She is a simple, down to earth mom, who wants nothing but the best for her children, but as she pursued her passion for being the best mom she could ever be, she has inspired thousands of other moms, and now has become a very successful entrepreneur or "mompreneur".

Janice with her beautiful family
(Photo Credits: Stork Studio)
The theme for this year's Expo Mom campaign is "You the Mom", highlighting the greatness of all moms.  In her heart she believes that all moms are wonderful and beautiful and as she has given recognition and a good pat on the back to moms all over the Philippines, her work and her life should as well be very much celebrated.  With the long list of roles that she plays, Janice has been a great blessing to many moms and their families.  But what inspires me most is that above all these important roles that she plays, what comes first is being mom to her 3 children.   This woman indeed is God's masterpiece of a mom in the flesh.  Now it's our turn to say, Janice, You the Mom!  

(Published for Breathing Gratitude, Sun Star Lifestyle Section, September 4, 2014)

Check out Mommy Mundo's website to see Janice's wonderful projects and events for moms at  http://mommymundo.com/.  Read her personal blog at http://janicevillanueva.com/ and be very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment