Sunday, February 24, 2013

What is your Experience of God's love lately?


Last Wednesday, during our Teachers' prayer meeting in school, we were asked the question "What is your experience of God's love lately?"

Instantly, my thoughts went to my students.  Our School Principal always tells us how loving our students is most important and I have seen them bloom over the school year just by loving them.  The once shy and clingy Millie, can now stand in the middle of the stage with a microphone and sing and dance confidently.  Jacob, who was once fearful of being left by yaya Gigi in the classroom and would cry unstoppably, now wears a smile and a playful disposition.  Carlos, who didn't want to enter the classroom and clung to Mama during the first days of school, now loves coming to school independently.  Ela who didn't want to come to school, now says "I feel very excited because I am in school!"  Santi, who threw tantrums in his frustration of not being able to communicate what he wanted, is now secure in the routine of the class.  Pio, although still very quiet most of the time, smiles a lot more and is more comfortable in class.  And Andres, who took the longest time being weaned from Yaya Jo, is now one happy, independent boy in class who is always proud to show Yaya Jo his projects in school during dismissal!

Although we are reminded to teach and more importantly love our students, I realize that it is I who receive more love daily.  I get an overdose of hugs, kisses and laughter each day!  As I always say, this is not work for me.  I realize that this is love therapy at its finest!

Now when you have "work" that gives you that much love, and you receive much more love at home, you become one totally content and happy person.  I get a lot of letters and drawings from my Gabe and Ella daily.  And on Valentine's Day, here's some of what I got from them:




I bet I'm the only mom in that "hole univers"! haha! I love her dearly.  She is the epitome of thoughtfulness.  She is my linguistically gifted one who loves writing and expressing her love and appreciation daily.


My Gabe seldom writes me letters but when he does, it is very emotional.  I was so surprised that of all the things that he could be thankful for, he was mostly thankful for my discipline, even if he seems to resent it!  I am so amazed and so happy that he could see the love through the discipline and for that, I am truly thankful!  I know this is nothing but God's intervention.  Gabe is such a sensitive and loving boy and although I hate instilling discipline myself, I have the difficult task of doing that.  Through this letter, I feel affirmed that maybe somehow I am doing things right.  

So God's love is truly all around me.  I am drenched with it and I thank Him endlessly for it!



No comments:

Post a Comment