Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Blog Renovation





My Gabe and Ella with cousins at Cebu
Lamblight Teachers sharpening the saw at  Don Salvador Benedicto


I know, It's been a while since my last entry.  Summer went by, things got busy with the kids and preparations for this school year that I didn't have time to write.  Although it seems that I totally abandoned my blog, I have been thinking about making changes.  I initially put up this blog to document my experiences as a preschool teacher but over the summer, there were some things that I wanted to write about that are not quite related to teaching.  I didn't want to take care of 2 or more blogs as I could hardly keep up with one, so I decided to integrate them all here.  

It was a struggle for me to decide on this and I had a mental debate going on for a few weeks about opening up my life through this blog.  But the strongest contention was my realization that if only one person were to be blessed or inspired by any of my entries, then this endeavor would be worth it.  

It took another 2 to 3 weeks deciding on the concept and title of the blog.  I knew I wanted it to be a personal blog, coming from the perspective of a mom, preschool teacher, TV host and a Negrense, but I didn't know how to encapsulate all these facets of my life into one persona.  

After playing around with the words passion, gratitude and joy, I finally ended up with Breathing Gratitude... peacefully and contentedly.  This is the disposition that I always want to have no matter what my circumstance in life.  I truly believe that happiness follows a grateful heart.  As Madame Blueberry of Veggietales says, "A thankful heart is a happy heart", I pray that this blog inspires us to be more grateful and that happiness would abound.  And in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 it says, "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."  Truly the good Lord has given us so much that it is only right that we breathe gratitude every moment of our lives.



Breathing gratitude during the summer break with my Ella


No comments:

Post a Comment